Friday, May 29, 2009

Daycon



In loving memory of Daycon.

Many of you have heard me talk about Dacon. He has been the inspiration of many funny experiences and has taught me so much about how horses are and more, about how Arabian horses are. Well, he passed to the Summerland last Friday, the 22nd. Not only has it been devistating to the people who knew and loved him, but the other horses as well.
He is buried beneath the old cherry tree that he loved to stand under and scratch himself on. None of the horses go there now and Lad, the stallion, who's paddock run over looks his grave, even he stops and looks in respect every time he passes. It has been an emotional, devistating week and I am glad to see it gone.

I will never be sorry for knowing him. He is a true inspiration and we have loved sharing funny stories about him. The day before he left us, I groomed him and told him about our story being out (Eden at Twilight, Nystav is his character), and he nodded and nuzzled me.

So, that is why I haven't posted all week. I just haven't had the heart to do anything, really.

I am back now though. Time stands still for no one and we must keep moving along.

C~

No comments: