Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Annual Scott Firefighter Stair climb

Dear friends and family,

On Sunday March 8th, I will once again be participating in the Annual Scott Firefighter Stair climb event at the Columbia Center In Seattle. This is the 18th annual event (my 11th in a row). I will be joining over 1,500 firefighter from 180 different departments across Washington, Oregon and across the United states in racing up 69-flights of stairs in full fire gear and SCBA. This event is to help raise money for the Leukemia & lymphoma Society.

Every five minutes, someone in this country is diagnosed with a blood cancer

Leukemia is the #1 disease killer of young adults under the age of 20

More than 617,000 Americans live with blood cancers

Every nine minutes, someone dies from a blood cancer

Ten times as many adults as children are stricken with leukemia

I am writing to each of you to ask for your support. This year I have set a goal to raise $2000.00. This money will go to The Society for research, patient services, advocacy and education. NO DONATION IS TOO GREAT OR TOO SMALL....EVERY BIT HELPS!! If you would like to contribute please make your check payable to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), or you can donate online at:

http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/General?px=1065523&pg=personal&fr_id=1060

This site is very quick, simple and secure. I would appreciate it if you send your tax-deductible contribution by no later than March 5, 2009.

For all who helped me reach my goal last year I send a huge THANK YOU. I thank all of you in advance for supporting me in my efforts and for your generosity in supporting the mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Please feel free to forward this to friends and family who you think might like to donate also.

Side note: I figured out with all the support from my family and friends in the last 11 years in this event we have raised over $15,000. Once again I THANK YOU!!

Sincerely,

Mike Bollinger
16814 McElroy Rd
Arlington, Wa. 98223
360-435-8993 hm 425-238-5889 cell

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.