Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Love is Dirty Business

















Colleen and Scooter (2 summers ago)


So my girlfriend is ill with a migrane and she asked me to blanket horses for her and double check everyone. hehe

It's really amazing to me, no matter how long I've been away from the barn, they, especially Scooter, are so happy to see me. :) It can be a month or five minutes, it doesn't matter.

I just got in the door and Scoots came over and laid a fat kiss on my cheek, along with a rain of caked on mud! Him and Tanner are coated in dried mud! Apparently they have been enjoying it emensly! I just brushed them out too!! lmao! Bad boys... That also means they don't want blankets put on. So fine, they can just be naked and covered in mud.

Lad and Passion were both very happy to get their blankets put on. They stick their noses out and all but fasten the clasps themselves! It's very sweet. But that is only when they want them on. Miss Passion has taken me skiing across the field before, just because that's what a young mare will do! That wasn't all too plesant either!

It's my favorite kind of day, to walk into the barn and have it smell like fresh hay and shavings. The sound of hay being munched and contented sighs sounding. That has to be the sound of paradise. :)

Happy Hump Day!

C~

No comments: