Saturday, April 19, 2008

Edits


Buried at PhotoCasket.com


I have this posted over on MySpace, but it is such an inspiration and I'm a visual person. This picture is an exact likeness of one of the scenes in the novel I'm about to dive into and re-edit. It's simply gorgeous in my opinion.

This story is importaint to me, why? Because it is my first and I am an over obsessive driven individual. But more then that I've been told by my editors that the story is very good. The writing just needs some work. So, I've set it aside, written two more books to gain knowledge and practice and now, I'm diving back into it.
I love this story, and I think it has so many redeeming qualities that I'm rolling up my sleeves and going to go for it. Only now, I'm armed with some editing skills and understand some of what is broken and needs fixing in the writing. I also understand this baby is going to need some hard work.
One of the first things I'm doing is changing the title. I need to preverbially shake the blanket and start new.

So, that is what I will be working on today, and for the next several weeks!

Happy Saturday!

CL~

No comments: