Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Supporting Firefighters!!

I recieved this message from a family friend today. Mike is a Seattle firefighter, he (and his family) participates in this every year. It's not an easy trek!



Dear Friends & Family,


On Sunday March 2, I will be participating in the 17th annual Scott Firefighter Stairclimb event (my 10th in a row) at the Columbia Center
in Seattle, Wa. I will be joining over 1,300 firefighters from 180 different departments across Washington State, Oregon and departments across the United States in racing up 69-flights in full combat gear including SCBA to help raise money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Every five minutes, someone in this country is diagnosed with a blood cancer

Leukemia is the #1 disease killer of young adults under the age of 20

More than 617,000 Americans live with blood cancers

Every nine minutes, someone dies from a blood cancer

Ten times as many adults as children are stricken with leukemia

I am writing to each of you to ask for your support. This year I have set a goal of $2000.00. This money will go to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society for research, patient services, advocacy and education. NO DONATION IS TOO GREAT OR TOO SMALL......every bit helps! If you would like to contribute please make your checks payable to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, or you can donate online at; http://www.active.com/donate/17thscottstairclimb/2008MBollin
I would appreciate it if you could send me your tax-deductible contribution by no later than March 1, 2008.

I thank you in advance for supporting me in my efforts and for your generosity in supporting the mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. for those of you who have supported in the past I thank you again. The more I raise for the cause the easier it makes it to climb to the top of the tower. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Please feel free to forward this to friends and family who you think might like to donate also.


Sincerely,

Mike Bollinger
16814 McElroy Rd
Arlington, Wa. 98223

No comments: