Thursday, September 25, 2008

Friday Eve...

Collective sigh. It's Friday Eve at last! *sigh*

It has been one of those weeks. I think that saying that goes: 'Anything worth having, is worth fighting for' applies here.
My edits have taken a rather curious turn. Not bad by any means, but certainly interesting. So, I have been working fast and furious all week to get things straightened out to meet my deadline.

Mr. C couldn't even go to work last night. Stomach issues that kept him teathered to the bathroom. We won't even go there!! But I am curious, what the hell is it about an ill man that makes them horney as hell when they are ill?? I just cannot figure that out. When I'm ill, I am the proper mother bear and will rip your head off if you even step close to me. I don't get it. But when people want to know why I have an 8 foot bull whip, now you know.

I also had my meeting with the Student Learning Plan teacher we use, because I homeschool. I love this lady and she helps us stay on track. She always love what we do and never says we need to do more. lol If anything she questions wheather we do all of the things I list. But, after asking the kids questions, she just shakes her head with a smile, because yes, we do ALL of those things. Last year, my son was obsessed with Atoms. He wanted to learn everything he could. When Barb asked him what he had learned, she just raised her eyebrows and said, "that's a little advanced for his age." Yes, well, he watches adult programs on Science, Discovery and History channels like the rest of us. A couple of weeks ago, it was the cellular differences of twins. We tried to turn it, but be protested. I asked him if he knew what they were talking about and low and behold, he did. Floored, absolutely floored. And then my daughter joined into the discussion, well, how could a mama bear not be proud of her 8 and 10 year olds for that?
Anyway, for some reason, these meetings always stress me out. Don't know why, but they do.

I am so happy I don't have to go anywhere today.
I hope everyone has a happy and productive Friday Eve!

C~

No comments: