Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wandering Musings

Well, so much for keeping up with blogging. Good thing I don't write books and stories the same way. Actually, I've been so busy writing and working with my editor on starting edits, I have completely lost track of time! I was out browsing blogs from fellow authors the other day, and found one that had a really nice blog template. So, I found a good one for myself. I think if I give my blog a fresh look, maybe it will help my brain get into it more. Who knows though. Things have just been so busy, I just plain forget!! SO, here is another attempt at using my blog for something more then just a dump for my own promo.

This brings up a very real question for me. Promo. I am very new to this whole publishing business. My first book was accepted by Liquid Silver Books before I even knew much about ebooks at all. So, I've been learing with a little help from my friends, who have been so gracious in helping me learn some of the ins and outs. Here is what I've found to be the most important things, when it comes to getting your name out there:

1. Write prolifically. Get as much out there as you can.
2. Get your book in for reviews!
3. Participate in interviews and other's blogs.
Ok, this is where I start getting hung up. I don't like talking about myself, nor do I know how to blog very well. So, this is where fail at self promotion. I have no ego, no self confidence when it comes to this. So, this is a thing I have to struggle with to learn. I always seem to say the wrong thing at the worst times. My biggest question is: How the hell do I know if my writing is hot, or even good, for that matter. I've had some very good reviews, don't get me wrong. I've even had a reviewer request a second book for Thief of a Goddess Heart. Can't go wrong with that!

I guess I'm my own worst critic and I'm learning. I still have so much to learn that I don't know if I'll ever see the top. But then, I know that where I am at now is a good place. I know that there are those out there that would love to be in my shoes. Sorry, I love being in my shoes too much to give that up. : ) I guess half of the joy of getting to the mountain top, is the journey and I'm going to enjoy getting there. Even if it kills me.

I think I'm going to set a couple of goals for myself here, to see if it will help my promo efforts. I'm going to sign up with a couple of forums I've been looking at. Maybe that will help me. It's time to put my face up to the sun and sprout some roots to grow a little. I constantly have to remind myself to stick with my chosen path and remember to be true to thine self.

Happy Wednesday!!

No comments: